- Making the most of today?s advances in sound reproduction, the Director D67 does so with all the nuance of fine wine.
- Creating delicate highs and dramatic lows, it is going to impress even the most discerning listener.
- Enjoy music and movies throughout your home with a level of quality that will literally surprise you.
- Moving the maximum amount of air is the key to great bass. The woofer cone is made of injection-moulded graphite which offers low mass while consistently holding the driver?s shape.
Dual Plane Stabilized Diaphragm (DPSD?)
- A patented innovation that dramatically improves high-frequency performance, the DPSD? radiator uses a unique suspension design that maintains the alignment of the tweeter throughout a larger frequency range.
- The suspension is attached at both the voice-coil and the peak of the dome allowing the driver to be crossed over at a much lower frequency.
- This results in improved dispersion and decreased distortion.
Director of Technology
- The ability to point or “direct” the sound toward a specific area in the room is critical when the speakers are mounted in the ceiling.
- The Director D67 features an assembly that can be adjusted to focus the sound from both the woofer and tweeter toward the listening area regardless of the speaker?s position in the ceiling.
- This allows the speakers to be used in many applications. One example is a home theater where the soundstage, relative to the screen, is crucial. The seating area can be off-axis and still remain in the “sweet spot.”
X-Wave Woofer Surround
- While in motion, frequencies between 700-1,400 Hz typically run up the cone of a woofer and are reflected back and forth from the center of the driver.
- This creates unwanted harmonic distortion. The X-Wave surround found in Origin woofers absorbs these frequencies reducing distortion and maintaining driver stability.
- This design also maximizes cone area by reducing the width of the surround.
- As the driver travels to the limits of its excursion, the suspension, made up of the spider and the surround, becomes more rigid, exerting more control on the movement of the cone.
- The result is increased, clean power output throughout the driver?s frequency range.
Compression Molded Woofer Baskets
- Utilizing the latest techniques and materials in plastic fabrication, Origin is able to create basket designs with superior stability and acoustic neutrality.
- These baskets combine with the driver suspension to increase linearity and improve overall performance.
- It is important when installing a loudspeaker in the ceiling that it be stable and secure, restricting the vibration of the assembly and limiting the transfer of energy into the wall.
- The revolutionary Tool-Less Installation (Patent #9591390) spreads the weight of the speaker over a larger area than typical mounting systems accomplishing this result with minimal effort.
- Spring-loaded clips also create more uniform pressure against the drywall eliminating any warping or distortion of the speaker baffle.
- A switch on the speaker baffle, behind the grille, allows the installer to fine-tune the speaker?s performance through treble adjustment. This is essential as the speaker?s proximity to adjacent walls and soffits can dramatically affect frequency response.
- A paintable, perforated grille with a micro bezel covers the entire speaker assembly and leaves a discreet finished appearance. Its magnetic attachment makes removing or replacing the grille fast and easy.
Let it Sink in
- With an IPX6 rating, the entire Director Collection is at the top of the class. This rating ensures that this high-performance are safe from the corrosion and internal damage commonly posed by exposure to ocean water and rainstorms–backed by a lifetime warranty.