Koss Stereophones and artist Tony Bennett reunite to create the Perfect Pair
When Tony Bennett first experienced the Sound of Koss in the early 1960?s, he knew immediately that the best way to enjoy music was with a pair of Koss stereo headphones. The Tony Bennett Signature Edition Headphones honors the Koss tradition of delivering an uncompromised listening experience and unites two legends to create the Perfect Pair.
The History of ‘The Perfect Pair’
In 1958, John C. Koss paired up with engineer Martin Lange, Jr. to develop their own portable stereo phonograph player with side-wing speakers. The team demonstrated their new device at a Wisconsin audio show.
One of the phonograph?s unique features was a privacy switch, which allowed listeners to hear music by plugging in the world?s first Koss SP-3 Headphones. The headphones were intended to be an accessory to demonstrate the high-fidelity sound of the portable stereo phonograph player.
Since headphones were historically used solely for communication, the incredible sound of the Koss SP-3 became the hit of the show. Koss Stereophones were the first to provide eager American Hi-Fi enthusiasts with full-range sound to accurately reproduce stereo music. Koss went into business manufacturing and marketing stereophones later that year.
Around the same time, a young infantryman named Tony Bennett was returning from World War II and was developing a signature sound of his own. Shortly after perfecting his singing technique, Bennett signed with Columbia Records?and become the voice of many number one hits such as ?Because of You,? ?Rags to Riches,? and ?I Left My Heart in San Francisco.?
Koss was introduced to Tony Bennett by trumpet master Bobby Hackett. It did not take long for the two musicians to spread the word throughout the music industry about the incredible Sound of Koss. Soon artists like Mel Torme, Stan Kenton, Al Hirt, Dizzy Gillespie, Les Brown, Woody Herman, and Doc Severinsen would appear in photographs promoting Koss.
Now Koss is proud to renew the company?s partnership with musical legend Tony Bennett in recognition of his 85th birthday and in honor of his new CD Duets II.
Along with the purchase of the Tony Bennett Signature Headphones comes a download of Tony Bennett?s highly anticipated album, Duets II.
The tracklist for Duets II includes a collection of classic songs pairing Tony with some of today?s biggest names:
Duets II Track Listing
- Song Titles ? Featuring
- The Lady Is A Tramp ? Lady Gaga
- One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) ? John Mayer
- Body And Soul ? Amy Winehouse
- Don?t Get Around Much Anymore ? Michael Bubl?
- Blue Velvet ? k.d. lang
- How Do You Keep The Music Playing ? Aretha Franklin
- The Girl I Love ? Sheryl Crow
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street ? Willie Nelson
- Who Can I Turn To (When Nobody Needs Me) ? Queen Latifah
- Speak Low ? Norah Jones
- This Is All I Ask ? Josh Groban
- Watch What Happens ? Natalie Cole
- Stranger In Paradise ? Andrea Bocelli
- The Way You Look Tonight ? Faith Hill
- Yesterday I Heard The Rain ? Alejandro Sanz
- It Had To Be You ? Carrie Underwood
- When Do The Bells Ring For Me ? Mariah Carey
- 8ft, coiled, detachable cord
- 3.5mm plug with a 6.3mm plug adapter
- Leatherette closed ear cushions
- A durable cloth-covered case for convenient fold-flat storage
- Tony Bennett’s hit album, Duets II download
- Koss Limited Lifetime Warranty