- The Diamond Active Series from Wharfedale delivers wireless connectivity with a difference.
- Whilst, not the first stereo speakers to offer integrated amplification and Bluetooth connectivity, Wharfedale’s clever ?true wireless? technology ensures greater flexibility than many such designs.
- This, combined with award-winning sonic know-how, delivers levels of convenience and performance that separate the Diamond Active Series from the rest of the wireless speaker crowd.
- Wharfedale?s Diamond Active speakers work differently to conventional wireless or powered speakers.
- They include the H1, an advanced Wharfedale wireless hub to which the playback device is paired via aptX Bluetooth (sonically superior to standard Bluetooth codecs).
- The H1 hub then sends the left and right audio signals to the appropriate speaker via uncompressed wireless transmission, allowing greater freedom in terms of positioning.
- As well as removing the need for the speakers to be connected together via a cable ? that?s why we call it ?true wireless? ? the fact that each speaker incorporates its own 50W amplifier helps to ensure consistent, fully optimized stereo sound.
- To enable interference-free wireless transmission, the H1 hub avoids the often-crowded 2.4GHz frequency band, focusing on 5.8GHz instead.
- Its intelligent wireless module has the ability to switch automatically between frequencies if needed, thus avoiding any local interference wherever the speakers are sited.
- Each speaker can be placed up to 20 meters from the hub, giving exceptional positioning flexibility; the only other requirement is that both speakers need to be plugged into mains power.
- The Diamond A1 sports a proprietary 5.25 inch woven Kevlar mid driver ? as featured in the multi-award-winning Diamond 220.
- The cone incorporates semi-elliptical ?break-up? areas, which smooth the response throughout the audible range, while rear-firing reflex ports augment the bass.
- The 1-inch fabric dome tweeter is also derived from the Diamond 200 Series, incorporating a precision-drive magnet system and a meticulously designed waveguide around the diaphragm for optimal dispersion.
- The drive units are combined via a sophisticated crossover network, specifically developed to optimize the performance of the Diamond Active speakers? integrated amplifier/driver configuration, delivering a cohesive performance that is bold and engaging, yet also impressively refined.
Wharfedale Diamond Design Active Core Technologies:
- 5.8GHz wireless uncompressed wireless technology
- +/-6dB Bass Control, Balance Function
- Speaker mode selection: Left/Mono/Right
- Digital Amplifier with DSP