Three-Way In-Wall Theater Loudspeaker with Quad 6.5″ Fiberglass Woofers, Pivoting 1″ Tonearm Silk Tweeter, and Spring-Lock Tool-Less Mounting System
All music. Zero clutter. Origin Acoustics and Bang & Olufsen have teamed up once again with their shared philosophy of design and engineering performance to deliver the most sonically impressive architectural loudspeakers with Bang & Olufsen?s distinctive look of understated luxury. A marriage between sonic bliss and stunning design, the BOPTHTR66 delivers unrivalled home theater performance from behind a discreetly elegant aluminIum-lined grille.
- A true three-way design with five drivers, the Composer THTR66 divides frequencies among dedicated woofers, mid-ranges and a tweeter for a very detailed and dynamic sound presentation.
- A precision crossover network allows for the voicing of the individual drivers allowing our design team to create the perfect acoustic blend.
- The heart of the Composer THTR66 is the bass section made up of dual-glass fiber woofers that create the sonic foundation.
- Measuring 6″, the round drivers allow the overall footprint of the speaker to be much thinner and more attractive.
- Placed above and below the mid/tweeter section, these drivers help create a taller sound stage.
Dual Plane Stabilized Diaphragm (DPSD?)
- A patented innovation that dramatically improves high-frequency performance, the DPSD? radiator uses a unique suspension design that maintains the alignment of the tweeter throughout a larger frequency range.
- The suspension is attached at both the voice-coil and the peak of the dome allowing the driver to be crossed over at a much lower frequency.
- This results in improved dispersion and decreased distortion.
- Two switches on the baffle and behind the grille allow for fine-tuning of the system by attenuating bass and treble response.
- Placement of the speakers is often affected by the room layout and placement of the television and furniture.
- The ability to adjust the frequency response of each speaker to compensate for adjacent walls and other architectural features is very important.
X-Wave Woofer Surround
- While in motion, frequencies between 700-1,400 Hz typically run up the cone of a woofer and are reflected back and forth from the center of the driver.
- This creates unwanted harmonic distortion. The X-Wave surround found in Origin woofers absorbs these frequencies reducing distortion and maintaining driver stability.
- This design also maximizes cone area by reducing the width of the surround.
- As the driver travels to the limits of its excursion, the suspension, made up of the spider and the surround, becomes more rigid, exerting more control on the movement of the cone.
- The result is increased, clean power output throughout the driver’s frequency range.
Compression Molded Woofer Baskets
- Utilizing the latest techniques and materials in plastic fabrication, Origin is able to create basket designs with superior stability and acoustic neutrality.
- These baskets combine with the driver suspension to increase linearity and improve overall performance.
Spring Into Action
- Securely mounting the speaker inside the wall is a necessity for full fidelity performance.
- The patented SpringLock? mechanism in the Composer Collection clamps against the inside of the drywall creating uniform torque at each pressure point.
- This assures that the baffle will not warp and the integrity of the seal between the baffle and the drywall will remain constant. (Patent #9366380)
- A paintable, perforated grille with a micro bezel covers the entire speaker assembly and leaves a discreet finished appearance. Its magnetic attachment makes removing or replacing the grille fast and easy.