Rectangular In-Wall 2-Way Speaker With A 4×8 IMG Woofer And Pivoting Aluminum Tweeter and the patented SpringLock? Tool-less Mounting System.
Taking its place at the core of Origin?s in-wall offering, the C65 is a careful blend of performance and value. Featuring many of the innovations found in our larger and more expensive loudspeakers, it delivers impressive performance at a surprising price.
- The heart of the Composer C64 is an injection-moulded graphite woofer.
- Measuring 4″ X 8″ has the same surface area as a 6″ round driver but it allows the overall footprint of the speaker to be much thinner and more attractive.
- The aluminum dome tweeter delivers crystal clear high frequencies with detail and precision.
X-Wave Woofer Surround
- While in motion, frequencies between 700-1,400 Hz typically run up the cone of a woofer and are reflected back and forth from the center of the driver.
- This creates unwanted harmonic distortion. The X-Wave surround found in Origin woofers absorbs these frequencies reducing distortion and maintaining driver stability.
- This design also maximizes cone area by reducing the width of the surround.
- As the driver travels to the limits of its excursion, the suspension, made up of the spider and the surround, becomes more rigid, exerting more control on the movement of the cone.
- The result is increased, clean power output throughout the driver’s frequency range.
Compression Molded Woofer Baskets
- Utilizing the latest techniques and materials in plastic fabrication, Origin is able to create basket designs with superior stability and acoustic neutrality.
- These baskets combine with the driver suspension to increase linearity and improve overall performance.
Spring Into Action
- Securely mounting the speaker inside the wall is a necessity for full fidelity performance.
- The patented SpringLock? mechanism in the Composer Collection clamps against the inside of the drywall creating uniform torque at each pressure point.
- This assures that the baffle will not warp and the integrity of the seal between the baffle and the drywall will remain constant. (Patent #9366380)
- A paintable, perforated grille with a thin bezel covers the entire speaker assembly and leaves a discreet finished appearance. Its magnetic attachment makes removing or replacing the grille fast and easy.