- Drawing from over a decade’s worth of experience in advanced image processing technology and high fidelity audio performance, the UDP-205 is the perfect choice for discerning enthusiasts.
- The UDP-205 provides reference level sound quality through the analog outputs, improves the clock precision of the HDMI audio output, and increases the power of the built-in headphone amplifier.
- For the analog output stages, the UDP-205 utilizes two ES9038PRO DACs, which are the flagship of the ESS Sabre Pro series, delivering best-in-class audio performance.
BEST-IN-CLASS AUDIO PERFORMANCE
Dual SABRE PRO DACs
- OPPO UDP-205 is equipped with two ESS Technology ES9038PRO DACs for both stereo and 7.1 channel analog audio. The ES9038PRO is the flagship of the ESS PRO series. It sets a new benchmark for audio excellence with its best-in-class 140 dB of dynamic range in a 32-bit, 8-channel DAC. The ES9038PRO SABRE DAC features ESS? patented 32-bit HyperStreamDAC technology, which is responsible for the outstanding clarity and sound stage.
USB DAC and Coaxial/Optical Inputs
- An asynchronous USB DAC input supports sample rates up to 768 kHz PCM and DSD 512. For additional convenience and flexibility, the UDP-205 can convert digital signals from cable and satellite boxes, televisions, video game consoles and other digital transports with coaxial and optical digital outputs to analog. By bypassing the low fidelity, poor quality DAC of traditional computer soundcards, the UDP-205 turns any computer into a high performing multi-media source by utilizing the ES9038PRO DAC.
HDMI Audio Jitter Reduction
- The UDP-205 features a high-stability, high-precision HDMI clock and a special HDMI audio jitter reduction circuit. This unique design significantly reduces jitter and eliminates timing errors, allowing you to enjoy your music with increased accuracy when you use the audio-only HDMI output port for connecting the audio signal.
- PCM and DSD signals rely on the HDMI clock directly, so the HDMI audio jitter reduction circuitry can improve the sound quality of PCM and DSD audio. For compressed bitstream audio, it helps to ensure error-free transmission and may improve the audio performance depending on whether the audio decoder in the A/V processor or receiver uses a synchronous or asynchronous clock scheme.
7.1-Channel Analog Output
- Individual analog 7.1-channel surround outputs are ideal for connecting to a 7.1-channel or 5.1-channel surround sound system. The UDP-205 delivers an incredible sound stage and an immersive surround experience thanks to its second ES9038PRO DAC chip. The 7.1-channel analog output can also be configured to a stereo down-mix mode as a Zone 2 audio source.
Dedicated Stereo Output
- In addition to the 7.1-channel surround audio output, the UDP-205 has a stereo audio output powered by a dedicated ES9038PRO DAC chip and specially designed buffer and driver stages. The stereo output offers both XLR balanced and RCA single-ended connectors. The balanced output features a true differential signal path all the way from the DAC to the 3-pin XLR connector. By transmitting a pair of differential signals, the balanced output provides better common-mode noise rejection and improves signal quality.
- For a more intimate listening experience, a pair of headphones can be connected directly to the UDP-205?s built-in headphone amplifiers. The headphone amplifier is connected directly to the ESS SABRE PRO DAC and offers a unique performance advantage over standalone headphone amplifiers. Comparing to the built-in headphone amplifier in our previous generation BDP-105/105D players, the new design offers more power and higher performance.
ROCK-SOLID BUILD QUALITY
Toroidal Power Supply
- A toroidal power transformer offers superior power efficiency and much lower exterior magnetic fields over traditional laminated steel core transformers. The UDP-205 has separate power supplies for digital and analog circuitry to eliminate virtually all harmful interference. The analog audio circuitry is powered by a massive toroidal power transformer, which provides a very clean and robust power source to the audio components.
Reinforced Chassis Structure
- The UDP-205 features a brushed aluminum front panel and a metal chassis that continues the tradition of excellent workmanship found in previous generations of OPPO universal players. Four heavy-gauge machined feet provide a stable foundation for the UDP-205 and isolate it from outside vibration. A new double-layered chassis further enhances the rigidness and vibration-cancelling capabilities. The high-quality metal construction is designed to impress and to perform.
Fanless Passive Cooling
- The internal layout and chassis design promote healthy air flow so critical components can be naturally cooled. Strategically placed heatsinks and ventilation grills allow the UDP-205 to run both cool and quiet without the need for internal or external fans. The thermal design has been optimized, analyzed, and stress-tested to ensure reliable operation for years to come.
ULTRA HD RESOLUTION AND HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE
4K Ultra HD Video
- The UDP-205 supports the playback of 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs. Packing a resolution of up to 3840 x 2160 pixels, UHD Blu-ray delivers four times the pixels of Full HD Blu-ray. The UDP-205 is also capable of playing 4K media files and user-generated content. Support for decoding the HEVC, H.264, VP9 4K, and Hi10P video codecs provides increased compatibility with user-generated media.
High Dynamic Range
- The UDP-205 supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Color Gamut. The enhanced resolution, refined contrast, greater brightness, and expanded color produce stunning video with unparalleled clarity and detail. In addition to supporting the HDR10 format on discs and video files, it is also capable of providing an accurate conversion of HDR to SDR for older displays, as well as conversion between various color spaces such as BT.2020, BT.709, and BT.601.
Dolby Vision Upgradeable
- Leveraging hardware designed to support Dolby Vision, customers can expect a firmware update in 2017 that brings Dolby Vision support to the player. Dolby Vision transforms the TV viewing experience by delivering striking highlights, brilliant colors, and deep darks never before seen on standard television screens, and OPPO is committed to bringing this exciting technology to the UDP-205.
EXPERTISE AND QUALITY
Reference Quality Video
- The UDP-205 combines the latest technology with OPPO’s many years of experience in delivering high-quality video and audio. A customized quad-core video decoder/processor integrates OPPO’s advanced video decoding, processing and optimization expertise.
High Precision Disc Loader
- A high-precision, well-balanced laser optical disc loader ensures smooth and reliable playback of all types of disc media. An optimized laser mechanism provides super-fast disc loading and strong error detection & correction.
Exceptional Build Quality
- With its a brushed aluminum front panel, a rigid steel chassis and gold plated connectors, the UDP-205 exemplify OPPO’s attention to quality and details. The solid build quality not only presents a sleek aesthetic but also ensures dependable operation and a reliable connection.
UNIVERSAL DISC AND FILE PLAYBACK
Multiple Disc Formats
- The design of the UDP-205 focuses on quality playback and universal compatibility with multiple discs and file formats. In addition to the latest UHD Blu-ray, the UDP-205 supports regular Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, DVD, DVD-Audio, SACD, and audio CD.
Media File Playback
- The UDP-205 is equipped with two USB 3.0 ports on the back and another USB port on the front. Users can play video, music and photos from USB hard drives or thumb drives.
Home Network Access
- Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi or Gigabit Ethernet connects the UDP-205 to users? home networks, so users can easily play media files stored on computers and home servers.
Lossless Audio Decoding
- The UDP-205?s video performance and universal compatibility are further complemented by its support of lossless high-resolution audio. The player decodes audio file formats such as AIFF, WAV, ALAC, APE and FLAC. It also directly plays Direct-Stream Digital (DSD) audio files in stereo or multi-channel.
Advanced Audio Formats
- With internal decoding of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio and bitstream output for object-based immersive audio formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the UDP-205 delivers great sound for both movie soundtracks and music.
- The UDP-205 is designed and built with high-quality components that are intended for reaching the level of performance in both audio and video. Everything from the semiconductor chips to resistors and capacitors is carefully selected and sourced, so every player coming off the production line can meet and exceed OPPO’s high specifications.
Dual HDMI Outputs
- The player features two HDMI outputs ? an HDMI 2.0 port for connecting to the latest UHD TVs, projectors and A/V receivers, and an HDMI 1.4 audio port for connecting to older A/V receivers. Customers with newer 4K- and HDR-capable A/V receivers can use a full HDMI 2.0 signal path, while customers with older A/V receivers can have a split A/V setup.
HDMI 2.0 Input
- An HDMI 2.0 input port that supports UHD resolution is available for users to connect an external streaming device. This approach affords users the flexibility to choose from a wide range of streaming devices and easily upgrade as streaming technologies evolve, while still taking advantage of the UDP-205’s audio and video processing capabilities.
- Integration-friendly features such as RS-232 control, back panel IR sensor and third-party IP control make the UDP-205 a great choice for any home theater system. Coaxial and optical digital audio outputs provide backward compatibility with legacy audio components.