The HA-2 does not look like a typical or generic electronic device. Its genuine leather casing with contrast stitching and bevelled aluminum edges are eye-catching and cannot be confused with any other product. Its fit and finish will instil a sense of pride when using the product.
Featuring hybrid class AB amplification and a USB DAC that supports 384 kHz PCM and DSD256, the HA-2 offers the high-performance digital-to-analog conversion for Apple?s iPhone/iPod products, a wide range of Android devices, PC and Mac computers. The HA-2 may be conveniently used to charge mobile devices on-the-go and itself can be efficiently charged in 30 minutes. Headphones, from very sensitive In-Ear Monitors to the most power-hungry Over-the-Ears, can all benefit from the HA-2?s excellent performance and powerful amplification.
Stacking the HA-2 on top of some smartphone models is often still thinner than other portable headphone amplifier models alone.
?ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC
ES9018-K2M DAC chip delivers high-resolution performance with extremely low noise and distortion.
Supports PCM audio up to 384 kHz / 32-bit, DSD audio up to 12 MHz (DSD256 or DSD4x). No Camera Connection Kit required for high-resolution playback from iOS devices*.
Multiple Devices Support
Supports multiple device types for digital-to-analog conversion via USB: iPod / iPhone / iPad, smartphones with USB OTG feature, PC and Mac computers.
The internal battery can be quickly charged in about 30 minutes with the patented rapid charger.
Mobile Power Bank
The HA-2 functions as an external battery pack for your mobile devices.
Quality and Convenience for the Mobile Generation
- With smartphone use increasing all the time, users are often carrying a device that is capable of storing high-quality audio files
- . The HA-2 is a very mobile-centric portable headphone amplifier and DAC that pairs exceptionally well with iOS and Android devices
- It can offer a significant improvement in sound quality over the amplification and DAC available in the mobile device itself, without adding excessive bulk and weight so as to make the combination inconvenient.
- Other mobile-friendly features such as rapid charging and mobile device power bank make the HA-2 a true companion for music on the go.
- The HA-2 offers two USB DAC input ports – one for Apple?s iPhone/iPod, and the other for Android devices, PC and Mac computers.
- A 3.5 mm input works with the remaining portable music players that do not have a USB-compatible digital output.
- There are two gain level settings. The High Gain mode is capable of driving large power-hungry headphones, delivering up to 300 mW into 16-Ohm headphones.
- The Low Gain mode is intended for sensitive In-Ear Monitor type earphones.
- In addition to the two gain levels, the HA-2 offers two stages of the volume control to precisely dial the desired output volume and to resolve the volume disparity issues between using In-Ear Monitors and full-size headphones.
- By mapping USB volume control commands to the Sabre DAC chip’s internal digital volume control, users can adjust the signal volume using the playback app or software without losing audio resolution or causing bit truncation.
- The HA-2’s analog volume control knob can then be used to further adjust for a comfortable listening level.
- For users who like a bit more punch and impact with their music, the HA-2 offers a Bass Boost function that is implemented purely with analog audio circuits.