With up to 11.2 channels of processing, DIRAC Live® Room Correction, and the coveted THX Certification, the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver is a best-in-class home theater powerhouse. The TX-RZ50 delivers enormous power on-demand to highlight every nuance of the music, movies, and games you love.
Groundbreaking DIRAC Live® Room Correction technology offers improved musical staging, clarity, dialog, and deeper bass right out of the box, ensuring that your immersive surround experience is delivered with the highest fidelity.
Featuring three HDMI-out options, the TX-RZ50 AV receiver delivers uncompressed HDMI 8K/4K transfer at 40 Gbps, increasing the bandwidth over its predecessors and taking full advantage of the capabilities of Next-Gen gaming consoles. Put through thousands of tests to obtain the coveted THX Certification, this SMART AV Receiver™ delivers a mind-blowing movie, music, and gaming experience to your home.
- DIRAC Live Room Correction: State-of-the-art digital room correction technology improves overall audio performance across the full frequency band with no additional upgrade required. Dirac Live automatically calibrates sound in your room using either your smartphone and the included wired mic, or go virtually wireless with the Dirac Live PC or MacOS * application, and a 3rd party USB mic (not included). Dirac Live unlocks your loudspeakers’ full potential in any listening space and delivers a uniquely pristine listening experience.* Device must be connected to the internet and the same network as your AVR.
- Enhanced Gaming: Own your opponents with HDMI 2.1 enhancements for gamers: 4K/120Hz HDR pass-through enables ultra-fast motion -VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) eliminates lag, stutter, and frame-tearing for fluid gameplay. – ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) optimizes latency from source to screen – QFT (Quick Frame Transport) limits lag for a smoother experience.
- 9 Channels of onboard amplification with 11.2-Channel Processing: The TX-RZ50 features up to 11.2 channel processing and pre-outs for 7.2.4 system layouts, making it an ideal choice for your premium home theater setup.
- Stream your favorite music: Use Works with Sonos*, Chromecast built-in™, AirPlay 2, and DTS Play-Fi®; includes Spotify®, Amazon Music, Pandora®, TIDAL, Deezer, or TuneIn streaming services (*Sonos Port or Connect required)
- THX® Certified Select Theater-Reference Sound: Guarantees the same reference volume of a commercial theater in rooms where the screen-to-seat distance is about 12 ft. (3.5 m).
- IMAX Enhanced: Bring larger-than-life home. Using DTS: X® technology, IMAX Mode delivers lMAX Enhanced content as the filmmakers intended. IMAX Enhanced films are available to stream or own on Ultra HD Blu-ray™
- Roon plays to thousands of USB, Airplay, and Chromecast devices, but Roon-tested devices are profiled by the Roon team to ensure simple setup and effortless daily use. If you own a Roon Tested device, you can have the confidence that you will enjoy the best possible experience with it
- Discrete Zone 2 HDMI Switching: Set up different high-definition entertainment options with up to 8K60 resolution* in two different rooms with the TX-RZ50. Watch a movie in the home theater, while the kids watch cartoons in their playroom. *
*8K60 only valid for Zone 1/Zone 2 will only produce 4K120 resolution when two separate HDMI sources are used
- Immersive Sound from your TV Apps: eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) simplifies connectivity and supports the latest high-bitrate audio formats including Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS: X®, Dolby® TrueHD.
- Voice Control: Work with your digital assistant in any room with easy Google and Amazon Alexa SMART home ecosystem integrations
- Stereo Height Channel Flexibility: Set the mood for your next gathering by using height or surround speakers to ensure sound is distributed evenly throughout the room. By being able to move the stereo sound to height speakers, it blankets the space more evenly, giving everyone a better experience.
- 120 W/Ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2-ch driven, FTC)
- 250 W/Ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-ch driven)
- 5.2.4-ch/7.2.2-ch Dolby Atmos® and DTS: X playback
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer and DTS Virtual: X™ 3D sound virtualization technologies
- Stream over 5 GHz/2.4 GHz dual-band Wi-Fi®
- Send or receive audio via bi-directional Bluetooth® wireless technology
- Apple AirPlay 2
DIRAC LIVE® ROOM CORRECTION
State-of-the-art digital room correction technology improves overall audio performance across the full frequency band with no additional upgrade required. Dirac Live automatically calibrates sound in your room using either your smartphone and the included wired mic, or go virtually wireless with the Dirac Live PC or MacOS * application, and a 3rd party USB mic (not included). Dirac Live unlocks your loudspeakers’ full potential in any listening space and delivers a uniquely pristine listening experience.
* Device must be connected to the internet and the same network as your AVR.
ULTIMATE 4K GAMING EXPERIENCE
4K/120 enables ultra-fast motion UHD images to be crisp and razor-sharp; and sports, action movies, and high-performance gaming benefit significantly. The TX-RZ50 supports higher performance from streaming devices like the latest Apple TV.
The TX-RZ50 features up to 11.2 channel processing and pre-outs for 7.2.4 system layouts, making it an ideal choice for your premium home theater setup.
In 1993, Onkyo became the first consumer home theater electronics brand to be THX-certified. With literally thousands of tests, before earning the THX-certification logo: no matter what input is used, no matter what combination of the many built-in features for the AVR, preamplifier, or amplifier, there can be absolutely nothing added, nothing taken away from the source material. The TX-RZ50 offers four distinct THX listening modes: cinema, gaming, music, and surround EX.
IMAX® Enhanced Mode
IMAX digitally re-mastered content for the home environment is created to provide the same sharp 4K HDR images and powerful sound just as the filmmaker intended. Onkyo’s IMAX Mode is meticulously optimized to play digitally remastered content to deliver the best viewing and listening experience on Earth.
Discrete Zone 2 HDMI Switching
Set up different Ultra High-Definition entertainment options with up to 8K60 resolution* in two different rooms from your Onkyo receiver. Watch a movie in the home theater, while the kids watch cartoons in their playroom.*
*8K60 only valid for Zone 1/Zone 2 will only produce 4K120 resolution when two separate HDMI sources are used.
HDMI® 2.1 WITH 8K
HDMI® 2.1 is the most recent update of the HDMI® spec and supports eARC, a range of higher video resolutions and refresh rates including 8K60 and 4K120, and Dynamic HDR formats. 8K delivers a super-immersive viewing experience with 2x the horizontal and vertical resolution of 4K, and 4 times as many pixels; and combined with 60Hz refresh rate enables smooth and sharp viewing of content with high-speed action. HDMI 2.1 with 8K and eARC ensures your system is ready for the clearest and cleanest picture available both now and down the road.
BUILT-IN MULTI-ZONE STREAMING AND VOICE CONTROL
The Onkyo TX-RZ50 9.2-Channel THX® Certified AV Receiver easily integrates into your existing Smart Home ecosystem, including Apple Airplay, Alexa, Google apps, and more. You get a highly capable and compatible network device that can stream your favorites wherever you want in your home with up to 8K60 resolution.**
*A third-party AI device is required for voice commands – sold separately
***8K60 only valid for Zone 1/Zone 2 will only produce 4K120 resolution when two separate HDMI sources are used
Works with Sonos Certified
This Onkyo receiver can join your existing Sonos Home Sound System, or be the start of a new one, just by pairing it with a Sonos Port* This Works With Sonos Certified AVR offers a best-in-class tie-in to the Sonos ecosystem, waking, changing inputs, and playing at the volume you want using the Sonos Volume-Pass Through feature from the Sonos app*. The TX-RZ50 can work with up to three Sonos Ports—one for each of three independent zones—each playing a completely different streaming service from Sonos Radio.
*Sonos Port required and sold separately.
The TX-RZ50 AV receiver features a sleek aluminum drop-down panel to conceal the buttons and controls for an upgraded, more luxuriant appearance.
BI-DIRECTIONAL BLUETOOTH® WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY
This Onkyo AVR can send and receive audio via Bluetooth wireless technology. Stream from your device to the receiver using SBC or AAC codecs, or transmit audio playing through the AVR to compatible wireless headphones using SBC, aptX™, or aptX HD codecs including 24-bit audio over aptX HD. The improved data transfer capabilities of the latest generation of Bluetooth ensure clear and reliable sound reproduction so you hear your favorite songs just as the recording engineer intended.
BUILT-IN STREAMING SERVICES
Access to Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, TuneIn, and Pandora® are built into the system. Use dedicated apps (where available) or the free Onkyo Control App for Apple and Android devices to find and play music.
READY FOR DTS PLAY-FI®
DTS Play-Fi allows you to enjoy high-quality music from connected online services, networked media servers, and your device library over Wi-Fi® to any number of compatible products using the Onkyo Music Control App for iPad, iPhone, and Android smartphones/tablets. DTS Play-Fi can synchronize the music in every room. Each member of your family can use their own device to listen to their music in a room or group of rooms. DTS Play-Fi lets you structure a comprehensive multi-room ecosystem that satisfies virtually any need.