At its foundation, the S4700 uses an all-new cast-frame 15-inch woofer (2216Nd) with a powerful dual 3-inch voice coil and neodymium motor structure for outstanding balance with the horn-loaded compression drivers. Mid- and high frequencies are reproduced by a pair of titanium diaphragm compression drivers and a single-piece, SonoGlass dual horn assembly. The 2-inch Aqua-Plas?-coated titanium diaphragm compression driver (175Nd-3) is mated to a 90? x 60? Bi-Radial horn and delivers mid- and high-frequencies with lifelike dynamics and startling realism while an ultra-high frequency 0.75-inch titanium diaphragm compression driver (138Nd) with a 60? x 30? Bi-Radial horn recreates critical air and spaciousness. Premium-quality network components and dual binding post inputs ensure audiophile performance in any application.
The attractive furniture-grade cherry wood veneer enclosure is internally braced at critical points and is tuned via a rear-firing port. The S4700 is intended for use in high-performance 2-channel audio systems or as an LCR loudspeaker in a JBL Synthesis multichannel home theater installation.
- 15-inch pure pulp woofer with dual 3-inch voice coils, Neodymium motor structure and cast aluminum frame 2-inch
- Aqua-Plas-coated Titanium diaphragm high-frequency compression driver mated to a 90? x 60? Sonoglass
- Bi-Radial horn 0.75-inch Titanium diaphragm ultra-high-frequency compression driver mated to a 60? x 30? Sonoglass Bi-Radial horn
- Internally-braced, bass-reflex enclosure with a single rear-firing tuned port
- Dual binding post inputs for bi-wire or bi-amplified connections
- Furniture-grade cherry wood veneer finish