Finest audio performance from your
digital music sources
- With many portable devices, the internal headphone amplifier section is most often designed for low power consumption, in order to extend battery life. While that’s fine when using ordinary earbuds, with premium audiophile headphones, sonic performance suffers.
- The DA-10 features an advanced analogue output stage that is equipped to handle the widest range of headphone types, including premium audiophile and studio headphone models that often feature high impedance ratings, requiring more power from the output stage.
- A side-mounted gain switch lets you adjust the output stage’s gain to precisely match the needs of your favourite premium headphones, including high impedance models, and the final analogue audio stage features a discrete current buffer circuit for the ultimate listening experience. There’s also the option for fixed output, for connection to an external audio system.
High-quality audio technologies
- Housed in an elegant aluminum chassis with a solid aluminum alloy volume knob, the DA-10 is equipped with exclusive Denon technologies to deliver the ultimate music listening experience.
- Featuring state-of-the-art digital-to-analog conversion, the DA-10 is equipped with the reference class Burr-Brown PCM-1795 32-bit high-resolution DAC chip, which can handle multiple sampling frequencies all the way up to 192 kHz, and bit depths up to 24 bits. The DA-10 is also able to decode high-resolution DSD audio tracks (the type found on SACDs), and features the ability to decode 2.8 and 5.6 MHz DSD files.
- Denon’s exclusive AL32 technology uses our proprietary DSP digital filtering, upsampling, and processing algorithms to upconvert and noise-shape high-resolution digital audio to 32 bits, delivering dramatically improved low-level detail and vanishing distortion.
Purist Audiophile Design
- Equipped with the reference class Burr-Brown PCM-1795 DAC chip, the DA-10 features premium audiophile construction, including dual master clock crystals, each optimized for specific sampling frequencies and located directly adjacent to the DAC chip on the audio board for maximum jitter reduction.
- The digital section features asynchronous USB signal handling for the highest stability and sound quality, and the DA-10 is equipped with Denon’s exclusive AL32 advanced DSP digital filtering and noise shaping, providing the highest possible resolution with today’s high definition music tracks.
- There are individual circuit cards for the digital audio block and the power supply block, to prevent inter-stage interference, and the D/A converter section features the ability to decode the widest range of sampling frequencies (up to 192 kHz) and bit depths (up to 24 bits).
Compatibility with a Wide Range
of Portable Devices
- The DA-10 comes with multiple connection cables for compatibility with the widest range of portable music players and smartphones. The USB-30 pin cable is compatible with many Apple devices, including iPod, iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad.
- The USB-Lightning cable is compatible with newer Apple devices, such as iPhone 5 and 6, iPad Air, and other models that are equipped with the Lighting connector.
- There’s also a USB-micro “B” connector for compatibility with other smart devices, and we also include a 3.5mm-3.5mm stereo analogue cable for connection to a player’s headphone output, and the cable features L-shaped plugs for the most secure connection.
Add digital connectivity
to existing Hi-Fi system
- At home, the DA-10 can even make your analogue Hi-Fi system digital-compatible. Connect the fixed level analogue output of the DA-10 to the analogue input of your Hi-Fi amplifier, and digitally stream the music from your PC via the micro USB-B input in high resolution of up to 192kHz / 24bit or even DSD64 (2.8MHz) and DSD128 (5.6 MHz).
Extended Battery Life
with Battery Indicator
- Featuring a high capacity 3200 mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery, the DA-10 delivers up to 7 hours of continuous operation when connected to your portable music player or smartphone via USB.
- The multi-function LED charge indicator lets you know the current battery charge level at turn-on. When the battery is between 50% and 100%, it blinks green. When the battery level drops to between 20% and 49%, the LED blinks orange, and when the level drops to below 20%, the LED changes to red, indicating it’s time to recharge.
- When connected to a portable player via the 3.5mm port, the battery life can be up to 24 hours. Recharge time can be as short as 3.5 hours when connected to a USB charger with 1.5A output.
Elegant and Versatile
- The supplied carrying case features an elegant and stylish design and includes dual internal pouches for the DA-10 and your portable player or smartphone. The pouch that houses your portable device features a see-through plastic membrane so you can see and operate your device directly, and there are secure straps to keep everything in place.
- When folded closed, the carrying case also provides protection from rough handling and even provides some protection against the elements
- With Denon’s DA-10 portable USB-DAC and headphone amplifier, your music will never sound better, and you’ll be able to enjoy all the fidelity that your premium headphones can deliver.