The most versatile rear surround speaker
- Using a BMR driver over traditional cone drivers gives the Aero series several key advantages ? adding up to a radical difference in audio quality compared to its rivals.
- In the Aero 3, using BMR drivers delivers a far more immersive, natural and coherent sound than traditional speakers, with a greater frequency response? ? from 80Hz-22kHz. And BMRs naturally deliver a wider, more room-filling sound ? ideal for the rear, surround speakers. Plus they’re more forgiving of placement than traditional speakers.
- The Aero 3 speakers are also more versatile than traditional rear speakers, not just in terms of placement options. The speakers can run in “bipole” setting, with the two 4″ BMR drivers outputting the same audio in opposite directions for an immersive wash of rear surround sound, ideal for a traditional 5.1 surround system. But for stunning 7.1 surrounds, without the hassle of placing more speakers in your living room, the Aero 3 speakers can also be run in “dual monopole” mode with one driver running surround and one running “surround back”.
- These surround sound speakers fit a wide variety of room layouts, offer subtle, classic looks and are configurable for multiple setups. Aero 3 rear speakers offer versatility combined with stunning audio detail and serious, room-filling sound.
- BMR driver?? By replacing the traditional tweeter with a BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) driver, the Aero range offers several key advantages over rival speakers. Using the BMR shifts the crossover point between tweeter and woofer away from the usual 3kHz, right at the middle of the human ear’s most sensitive hearing range, to a less problematic 250kHz. The result is a more natural, immersive and coherent sound. BMRs also offer a wider sound, so speakers can be placed in a wider range of places while still delivering excellent stereo and surround effects ? making these speakers ideal for modern homes.
- Dual monopole or bipole?? Configure the Aero 3 speakers either as a “bipole” surround speaker for traditional 5.1 output, or as “dual monopole” to deliver accurate 7.1 sound, but without filling your room with more speakers.
- Premium construction?? Aero cabinets are designed not only to look classic, discreet and stylish but also are constructed using CAD techniques and critical bracing to minimize distortion and maximize audio quality.
- Frequency response:?80Hz – 22kHz
- Impedance:?8 Ohms compatible
- Recommended amplifier power:?25-120 Watts
- Drivers:?2 x 85mm (4″) BMR drivers
- Mounting:?Rear wall mount fixings
- Colour:?Black or Walnut
- Dimensions (W x H x D):?180 x 461 x 151mm (7.1 x 18.2 x 6.0″) including grille
- Weight:?4.8kg (10.6lbs)