- The 851N is a network player designed to draw every last drop of detail from every digital audio source.
- It will make streaming and digital audio from phones, laptops and set-top boxes sound better than you thought possible.
- Designed from the ground up for serious performance, it’s not only bristling with inputs and outputs, but also internally configured with high-end components.
- The result is the most versatile, powerful digital network player we have ever made.
- The 851N features our renowned ATF2 24-bit/384kHz upsampling.
- Our unique ATF2 (Adaptive Time Filtering) doesn’t just draw extra detail from every source (even CD, Blu-ray and “lossless” digital files), but also virtually eliminates “jitter” common in playing digital audio files ? which can lead to a flatter, lifeless sound with tinnier bass response.
- The feature-packed 851N also offers 24-bit/192kHz native input from all sources ? USB, digital inputs, ethernet and wi-fi.
- So however you store your high-resolution files, the 851N will ensure they sound as the creators intended.
All bases covered
- However you like your digital music, the 851N can handle it. With 5 USB sockets, 2 optical digitals, 2 coaxial digital and XLR digital inputs, plus ethernet and wi-fi,
- The 851N is designed to cope with every source you need: Blu-ray, smartphones, tablets, laptops, games consoles, CD, set-top boxes and more.
- As you’d expect, outputs are similarly high-end and wide-ranging, including XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced analogue, digital optical and coax, and IR control repeater
- So you can hide 851N in a cupboard ? although there?s no need to hide the stunning colour screen.
- The 851N is designed inside and out not just to deliver the stunning audio quality, but to look beautiful as well.
- A new 4.3-inch TFT colour display shows current album artwork and more, while control is via remote or smartphone app.
- And the discreet all-metal chassis includes rigid aluminium front, top and sides not just to look good, but to also minimise vibration and maximise audio quality.
- The playback options are extensive ? Spotify Connect, Apple AirPlay, Internet Radio, USB with DSD, MP3, AAC, WMA, as well as lossless formats including FLAC,
- Apple and Ogg Vorbis. Digital audio connections in and out are covered, so are all major digital streaming services and so are all common digital audio formats ? including the highest-resolution ones used to store or stream audio.
- And all in 24-bit/192kHz stunning high-definition clarity.
- The 851N is also compatible with an optional BT100 to allow for Bluetooth streaming, and with internal processors that are upgradable via an internet connection,
- The 851N is a very future-proof and functional network machine.
- Twin AD1955 digital-to-analogue converters (DACs) configured in mono mode ensure maximum fidelity to both left and right signals,
- A fully linear power supply makes maximum use of the audiophile-grade toroidal transformers inside and a brand new Zander processor enables not just 24-bit/192kHz streaming over wi-fi, but also a much quicker and more intuitive user interface.
- Network music player / DAC / digital pre-amp
- 4.3?(11cm) colour TFT display for viewing of album art, track info and menus
- Playback of multiple audio CODECs including 24-bit/192kHz studio master quality formats
- Spotify Connect supported for playback of Spotify music/playlists through the 851N
- 20,000 internet radio stations
- Digital pre-amplifier featuring optional digital volume control and channel balance
- Upsampling Digital to Analogue Converter featuring S/PDIF, TOSLINK, AES/EBU and USB digital inputs (all 24-bit compatible)
- Airplay technology for wireless audio streaming from Apple products
- ATF2 audio up-sampling to 24-bit/384kHz
- Twin Analog Devices AD1955 DACs
- USB audio input allowing streaming of up to 24-bit / 192kHz audio and DSD streams from a computer
- Audiophile-grade oversize toroidal transformer
- Gapless playback supported
- Free Apple/Android app giving control of the unit
- Support for optional BT100 Bluetooth receiver, allowing audio to be streamed and up-sampled from any paired aptX or A2DP Bluetooth device
- Balanced and unbalanced analogue audio outputs for superior connectivity
- Full metal casework with the thick brushed aluminium front panel and dual layer damped feet, giving enhanced resonance control
- Available in black and silver finishes