- So we listened to you and instead of adopting the more common and simpler approach of including USB connectivity on a CD player, we?ve developed a direct USB audio connection to the 651A amplifier. So now, you can simply plug your Mac or PC directly into the 651A amplifier and with the addition of your chosen speakers, you?ll instantly enjoy a whole world of digital music stored or streamed from your computer.
- Computers are fast becoming a great addition to the hi-fi but they?re not without their faults. Poor quality sound cards plus jitter ? a side effect of digital music stored on computer hard drives ? means audio performance can be really lousy. But plug your PC into the 651A and you?ll be amazed just how incredible it sounds. Our in-house developed USB audio processor extracts audio data directly from your PC hard drive ? bypassing its sound card ? and takes care of the critical digital to analog conversion process bringing dull and lifeless MP3 files alive as you?ve never heard them before!
- Meanwhile, connection support for analog sources like CD players, iPod docks and tuners is better than ever so whether you store or stream music from your computer, iPhone or maybe you prefer the luscious sound of good old vinyl, the all-new Cambridge Audio 651 will make all your music sound amazing.
- At Cambridge Audio, we don?t believe in gimmicks. Instead, we like to invest in components that really make a difference to the sound you hear. That?s why in the 651A, we use a premium toroidal transformer which is key to its unruffled performance with music of all types.
- Class-leading power of 75 Watts per channel remains another massive advantage and a whole host of custom-designed components together with our legendary approach to design means whatever you?re listening to, it?ll simply sound fantastic.
For those who want to know even more about the 651A Integrated Amplifier…
- Adding to the audiophile specifications are separate transformer taps for left & right channels, twin rectifiers and separate PSUs for the dual-mono operation of the left and right power amplifiers. Meanwhile, a high-grade film type volume pot means the 651A also performs as well at low levels as at higher volumes.
- Whatever hi-fi speaker you choose, the 651A is designed to drive almost any model with ease. Our returned output stage featuring Sanken output transistors gives excellent bass response and dynamic control.
- We all like to crank up the volume from time to time and our proprietary CAP5 system ensures unrivalled peace of mind against overloads, faults and clipping.
- Audiophile-grade oversize toroidal transformer
- Substantial extruded heatsink
- 2 x 75 Watts RMS into 8 ohms
- USB audio input allowing USB audio streaming from the computer
- Separate transformer taps for left and right channels
- twin rectifiers and separate PSUs for the dual mono operation of the left and right power amps
- ALPs film type ?black box?