- The 351A offers a wide range of inputs so you can connect and enhance all your entertainment devices. Most importantly, we’ve developed a brand new USB audio input so you can directly connect your Mac or PC. Best of all, this USB connection is mated to an onboard Burr Brown DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter) which automatically pulls a digital audio signal from your computer, bypassing its basic soundcard and taking care of the delicate digital to analogue conversion process inside the amplifier.
- So for the growing fans of iTunes and streaming services like Spotify, you can connect your computer to the 351A and use it as your primary audio source with CD quality results!
- iPods and MP3 players also get the VIP treatment and can be connected directly to the front panel via a dedicated 3.5mm jack. In addition, our supplied remote features iPod command codes enabling control of your iPad, iPhone or iPod when connected to a suitable dock such as those from Cambridge Audio.
- Finally, a raft of gold plated audio connections is available for all your other entertainment sources like CD players, tuners, network players, and even your TV.
- At the heart of the 351A lies a heavyweight toroidal transformer, a premium component chosen for its ability to offer huge power reserves, excellent bass response, depth, and rich musical reproduction across the volume range.
- Our choice of transformer certainly adds cost – and weight – to the 351A but unlike some other brands, we never skimp on the quality of key components which really make a difference to sound quality.
- In fact, like everything we create, the 351A sports only the features you really need – you won’t find any unnecessary bells and whistles here!
Built without compromise
- The beautiful all-metal casework was chosen not for its aesthetics, but because of the low-resonance properties and the excellent stable foundation for the electronics it offers.
- The brushed aluminum front panel is an object in simplicity and other than volume, power, and source buttons, all you’ll find are tone controls to help you optimise stereo imaging in your living room.
- And for the true audiophile touch, these can even be defeated using the Direct switch to ensure the shortest possible signal path.
Every single component has either been designed specifically for the 351A or chosen by our London-based design team for this amplifier. In particular, a very high-quality ALPS black box film volume control has been specified for its superior sound quality and excellent channel balance which is really noticeable at low volumes. It’s these little touches that help set the 351A apart from other amplifiers and ensure all your music sounds as good as it did when it left the studio.
- Power output: 45W RMS into 8 Ohms
- THD (unweighted):
- < 0.02% @ 1kHz, 80% of rated power
- < 0.15% 20Hz – 20kHz, 80% of rated power
- Inputs: 5 x RCA, 1 x USB (type B), 1 x 3.5mm MP3 input
- Outputs: Speakers A & B, 1 x Rec Out, ?” headphone out
- USB audio 1.0
- 16-bit 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- Frequency Response: 5Hz – 50kHz
- S/N ratio (ref 1w): >92dB (unweighted)
- Input Impedance: 47k Ohms
- Max. power consumption: 320W
- Bass/Treble controls:
- Shelving, ultimate boost/cut
- +/-10dB @ 20Hz and +/-6dB @ 20kHz
- Weight: 6.0Kg (13.2lbs)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 430 x 86 x 340mm (3.4 x 16.9 x 13.4”)